Senior Food Appointments, Manufacturing, Process, Operations
£53,000 to £55,000 Per Annum
Factory Operations Manager - Food Manufacturing
Salary circa £53,000 pa - £55,000 pa + Benefits
Location: West Yorkshire
As a result of sustained business growth, a vacancy has arisen for a Factory Operations Manager to manage the start-up and growth of a new Food Production facility on an existing site.
Leading a Project team within a 'start up' scenario, the Factory Operations Manager will be responsible for, firstly, developing a building from an empty shell to a fully functioning chilled food manufacturing facility and, secondly, managing the day-to-day operational activities once production commences.
The Manager appointed will scope out the site, design the Factory layout, research relevant machinery and production equipment, engage with food machinery suppliers, procure machinery, oversee the installation and commissioning of machinery, implement GMP's and SOP's,
Once operational, the Factory Operations Manager will oversee Factory trials, ensure the production is running efficiently, meeting Key Performance Indicators and introducing new initiatives that enhance the operation.
Duties will include:
- Devise and implement the long and short-term production plan.
- Daily / weekly operation’s reporting, financial control and continually strive to improve production performance.
- Apply a proactive approach to problem solving, implementing creative initiatives at pace.
- Ensure that recorded factory data is both timely and accurate.
- Recruit the team that will form the core cohort of fully trained staff that will assist in reinforcing the established culture and mind set for continued long term growth.
- Develop new procedures and training methods to drive performance to new levels whilst at the same time managing cost.
- Use a sophisticated understanding of Food supply issues to ensure raw materials are available and finished products are delivered as per the Logistics plan.
- Ensure that suitable and requisite training is delivered to operational team members.
- Lead, motivate, train, and develop the team and ensure full utilisation of resources is achieved.
- Ensure that the operational team recognise, maintains, and proactively ensures all Health & Safety working practices are consistent to company and site policy standards.
- Ensure that continuous improvement initiatives are delivered on site.
- Exposure to Chilled Foods and experience of setting up or growing a food production facility would be advantageous.
- Has a demonstrable track record in the effective management of multi-disciplinary teams within a Food Manufacturing environment.
- Has a sound understanding of Lean manufacturing principles and can demonstrate good working knowledge of work measurement and line balancing to remove bottlenecks.
- Has the ability to affect change and achieve sustainable process rigour.
- Has a proven track record in meeting/exceeding Retailer and BRC codes of practice on a day-to-day basis.Is resilient and tenacious with a clear ability to handle multiple issues.
- Can set clear targets, objectively measuring performance, providing regular feedback, and coaching as required to develop a successful, ‘can do’ culture.
- Demonstrates an open mind to problem solving combined with excellent communication and influencing skills.
The Salary offered for this role is circa £53,000 pa - £55,000 pa plus Benefits. Ref 3301
Close to the motorway network this role is commutable from: Leeds, Bradford, Rothwell, Castleford, Holbeck, Morely, Batley