Technical, Quality, Compliance
£32,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Food Safety & Quality Manager
Salary £32000 pa - £40,000 pa
Manchester - Days Monday to Friday
A dynamic business operating within a fast-growing sector of the food industry.
- Support the Operations Director with Technical, Compliance and H&S matters.
- Apply a ‘hands-on’ approach to the role, leading from the front on the shop-floor.
- Ensure product safety, adherence to Health & Safety requirements, and keep up-to-date with food related legislation.
- Investigate and respond to customer complaints and implement measures to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure site standards and Quality systems are being observed and maintained to prevent product quality issues.
- Maintain audit compliance, facilitating and support site audits including internal audits, external audits, customer audits, allergen management, COSHH, hygiene.
- Maintain and develop GMP audits covering Plastic, Glass, Housekeeping, Personnel and PPE.
- Manage the Allergen and swabbing system to maintain high standards in hygiene.
- Act as a Technical link between the business and the customer and liaise with both internal and external contacts.
- Drive the site-wide Health & Safety strategy, promoting a H&S first culture.
- Ensure tight control of operational processes and the production of finished products in accordance with HACCP to ensure Food Safety and Legal compliance.
- Support Managers with their day-to-day decisions by providing information relating to compliance, risk assessment and food regulations.
- Work with other departments on GMP standards and help them interpret H&S procedures and Food Safety matters.
This is a growing business that is nimble and dynamic where the job holder will be considered a key member of the site Leadership team. Applicants should have 3+ years’ experience gained from working in a Technical/Quality capacity within a Food Manufacturing environment. As this role also covers Health & Safety a NEBOSH certificate would assist but is not essential as training can be provided. Ref 3242
This Permanent role is based in Manchester and the Salary offered is £32,000 pa - £40,000 pa.