Technical, Quality, Compliance
Various UK Locations
Product Quality Assessors
Location: UK - Various Locations
About the role
If you are interested in product (food) but being behind a desk isn’t for you, then this could be a great career move for you! Imagine working with strawberries all day long, making sure only the best produce gets put into stores, (disclaimer: not just strawberries but they are our favourite!). So if you want to make a difference as well as learn an abundance of new skills within the food industry then read on…
Our Chilled Food depots are based nationally and require Product Quality Assessors to be responsible for physically checking inbound goods. You’ll be assessing the quality of Tesco Group products using the appropriate processes and specifications, so only great quality, safe & legal products reach our customers.
If you would like to register your interest in a Quality Assessor position at Tesco, please apply now, we would love to hear from you!
These roles are based in depots located in the following locations:
Hinckley, Avonmouth, Peterborough, Dagenham, Southampton, Didcot, Snodland, Doncaster, Livingston, Belfast and Widnes.
This position will require you to work 1 weekend in 3 with rota’s consisting of 6am-2pm, 10am-6pm and 1pm-9pm shared equally across the team.
There is also occasional travel between sites including training so a driving license is essential.
Please note: Some of this work is of a manual nature and will include an element of lifting at various weights, as well as occasionally working at height. Due to the depot looking after chilled foods, the working environment will be cold (fridge temperature) and correct uniform for these working conditions will be provided.
Here's a little video to show what our QA's do: https://youtu.be/8cXPeVXx_C0
You will be responsible for:
- Measuring product quality using the correct tools & methods in line with the standards set out in the product specifications.
- Working to the agreed Product Quality Assessment processes and procedures at all times, to ensure compliance with regulations and standards.
- Checking 'Tesco Group' products against specification through visual and intrinsic testing.
- Where applicable, to work with suppliers to positively release product from supplier sites, following agreed procedures and processes.
- Liaising with my Product Quality Assessment colleagues, suppliers, and technical teams to ensure the delivery of the agreed technical specifications.
- Delivering the Product Quality Assessment plan by actively engaging in extra objectives outside the day to day role.
- Recording & presenting data accurately.
- Working along side suppliers and technical teams seeking ways to step change quality for customers.
- Attending planned training days & achieving the required pass score to ensure skills & knowledge are maintained.
- Supporting the wider Product Quality Team by conducting other ad-hoc quality testing when requested.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and GSCOP and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
You will need
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Organisational skills
- Communication & Interpersonal skills
- Team working
- IT skills
- Excellent customer approach, & good cross functional working relations across teams demonstrating effective communication skills
- Methodical & balanced in approach, good time management & quick thinking ability to re-prioritise workload under pressure & at short notice
- Flexibility to work in various locations when required
- Product Knowledge
- Driving license essential
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays).
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home.
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.
To apply, please follow this link: https://www.tesco-careers.com/jobdetails/803016/