Supply Chain, Purchasing
£32,000 to £33,000 Per Annum
Production Planner - Sevenoaks, Kent
Salary £32,000 pa
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Production Planner to work for a market-leading manufacturing business in Kent, that can offer an interesting fast-paced environment where two days are never the same.
Reporting to the Senior Site Planner, the focus of the role will be on formulating factory production plans and constantly monitoring production throughput to ensure 100% service levels are achieved.
Accountabilities of this role will include:
- The formulation of a production plan that minimises downtime and contamination
- The control of inventory and finished goods stock levels so as to minimise disposals
- The formulation of accurate raw material figures for procurement
- The processing of production orders into the production planning system
- The re-forecasting of customer provisional orders based on current orders
- Ensuring that two busy manufacturing sites have the raw materials to fulfil production orders
- Monitoring data on an MRP system to determine what raw materials and packaging consumables are required to fulfill the production plan
- Keep internal departments (Sales, Customer Service, Production, Logistics) appraised on capacity plans and production scheduling.
All candidates applying for this role should meet the following criteria:
- 12 Months plus experience of working in a Supply Chain, Planning, Logistics, Fulfilment environment, ideally within a Manufacturing or Distribution business.
- Excellent numerical skills, Good written and verbal communication skills, Good IT skills.
- The ability to develop your knowledge, take on more responsibility, make decisions and solve problems.
Permanent, Full Time role. The working hours are, office hours Monday to Friday. The Salary for the role is £32,000 pa + 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 5% company pension contribution. Ref 3405