Technical, Quality, Compliance
£40,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
Salary £40,000 pa - £45,000 pa
A dynamic business supplying to major multiple retailers and operating within a fast-growing sector of the food industry. The Quality Manager appointed will be considered a key member of the site Leadership team within this growing business.
- Working Days Monday to Friday 8:00am-4:30pm.
- Support the Site team with Quality, Technical, Auditing and Compliance matters.
- Apply a ‘hands-on’ approach to the role, leading from the front on the shop-floor.
- Assist the Technical Manager in instilling a Quality first mantra on the Factory floor.
- Keep up-to-date with food related legislative changes and assist with there implementation.
- Investigate and respond to customer complaints and implement measures to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure site standards and Quality systems are being observed and maintained to prevent product quality issues.
- Maintain audit compliance, facilitating and support site audits including internal audits, external audits, customer audits, allergen management, COSHH, hygiene.
- Maintain and develop GMP audits covering Plastic, Glass, Housekeeping, Personnel and PPE.
- Manage the Allergen and Swabbing system to maintain high standards in hygiene.
- Act as a Technical link between the business and the customer and liaise with both internal and external contacts.
- Manage customer technical teams visiting the site alongside the Technical Manager.
- Ensure tight control of operational processes and the production of finished products in accordance with HACCP to ensure Food Safety and Legal compliance.
- Support Managers with their day-to-day decisions by providing information relating to compliance, risk assessment and food regulations.
- Work with other departments on GMP standards and help them interpret legislation and Food Safety matters.
Applicants should have 2+ years’ Quality management experience gained from working in a Food Manufacturing environment. They should have a higher level Food Hygiene certificate combined with a Food Audit qualification. Ref 3418
This Permanent role is based in Aberdeenshire and offers a Salary of £40,000 pa - £45,000 pa + 25 days Holiday + Christmas Bonus