Technical, Quality, Compliance
£30,000 to £32,000 Per Annum
Newbury / Thatcham
Senior Quality Technician – Newbury/Thatcham, Berkshire
Salary £30,000 pa - £32,000 pa depending on experience
A privately-owned Food business operating at the premium end of the food sector is seeking to appoint a Senior Quality Technician for what is a newly created role brought about by growth. The individual appointed will join a friendly team at an expanding site that produces award-winning foods.
Hours: Days, Monday to Friday
The Quality Technician will be responsible for a diverse range of responsibilities and will work in a hands-on manner. They will spend much of their time on the Factory floor, maintaining systems and procedures, ensuring SOP’s and hygiene practices are being followed, carrying out checks, and playing a key role in Microbiology and Allergen testing.
Further duties of the Quality Technician role includes:
- Assist the Quality Manager to investigate non-conformance and implement corrective actions.
- Apply a collegial approach to working with Production and other departments.
- Supply customers with information such as Certificates of Conformance (CoC’s), Certificates of Analysis (CoA’s), and shelf-life data.
- Assess new suppliers and ingredients and work closely with the Technical team on Food Safety matters.
- Assist in the preparation of the Factory for BRC audits and host Auditors on site.
- Assist the Quality Manager with the training of Operatives in Food Safety matters.
- Carry out internal audits in line with customer requirements and internal audit schedule.
- Check Micro and Lab test results, flagging up any discrepancies to management.
- Carry out ad hoc quality checks on raw materials and finished products including Labelling.
- Maintain and update the Product Sample Library.
- Update and maintain Ingredient lists and Supplier information.
- Update Specification files for finished products and approve labels in line with Labelling regulations.
- As a member of the HACCP team, participate in meetings including the preparation of HACCP reports.
- Maintain Production records including the cleaning schedule, pallet sheets, and Production trial data.
This role offers a great opportunity for someone seeking a step-up, as the appointed individual will be developed and coached by a very experienced Quality Manager. It is envisaged that the Senior Quality Technician appointed will learn from the Quality Manager and expand their knowledge to the point where the business will promote them and give further responsibility. Therefore, a career path exists for someone with the drive and motivation to progress their career.
Good organizational skills are expected as the individual appointed will get involved with a plethora of different activities. Experience within areas such as Fresh, Chilled, Ambient, Short-Shelf-Life Foods would be of benefit. All applicants should have experience of working within the Quality function of a busy BRC accredited Food Manufacturing site. Level 2 Auditing qualifications would assist, although training can be provided.
As this business and their Production facility is fully committed/invested in Sustainability and minimizing their carbon footprint, this role may appeal to an individual interested in the Environment and able to assist with the prevention of waste, reduction in energy usage and the identification of suppliers that meet Environmental, Social and Governance standards. Ref 3413
This role is commutable from: Berkshire, Hampshire, Wokingham, Andover, Reading, Newbury, Basingstoke, Tadley, Theale, Thatcham, Donnington, Tilehurst, Henley.
Keywords: Quality Technician, QA Technician, QA Assistant, Quality Assistant, Quality Technologist, QA Technologist, Quality Control Technician, Quality Supervisor, Technical Assistant.