Manufacturing, Process, Operations, Supply Chain, Purchasing
£53,000 to £58,000 Per Annum
Supply Planning Manager
Based in Kent, plus Home Working
£53,000 pa to £58,000 pa + Bonus + Benefits
An inspirational manufacturing success story, this food manufacturing business combines a passion for innovation with an entrepreneurial approach. As part of their growth strategy, they now seek to appoint an experienced Planning Manager to lead a small team within the Planning function and take the business to the next level of excellence on planning and service.
- End-to-end Planning covering Sales & Order Processing, Master Production Planning, Production Scheduling, Sales Forecasting, Sales Planning, Operations Planning, Labour Planning, Capacity Planning, Capacity Modelling, Business Planning, Business Modelling.
- Crucial to the role is the ability to build relationships with key contacts such as: Factory Planners, Factory Manager, Inventory Manager, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Customer Service, to ensure long-term and short-term demand is planned and met whilst optimising inventory levels.
- Produce accurate weekly and monthly sales forecasts. Use scenario modelling and statistical analysis to improve accuracy of forecasts. Provide insight and information to Production as part of daily and weekly Production meetings to improve Factory Labour Planning and Production Scheduling.
- Within a challenging environment where sales are increasing quarter-on-quarter, the Planning Manager will be required to build numerous factors into forward planning assumptions such as: sales order information, factory capacity constraints, customer forecasts, and campaign run information.
- Measure, report and achieve challenging KPI’s such as Service levels, Forecast Accuracy, Plan Attainment, Stock Write Off, Capacity Utilisation.
- Manage and update information relating to Planned Standards, Capacity Assumptions, Planning Calendar, Volume Spikes, Promotions, MOQ’s, De-listed Products.
- Improve communication between planning and other internal departments, working towards the implementation of daily planning meetings.
The business has a friendly open culture best suited to someone inquisitive and reasonably outgoing who will fit into the spirit of how they operate. This includes lots of cross-functional working, where an individual will invite themselves to contribute on projects and team-based activities.
The role may best suit an individual who has gained planning experience from within a fast-paced Chilled Foods manufacturing environment or similar high volume complex FMCG Manufacturing environment. Previous user experience of an MRP/ERP, particularly SAP would be beneficial.
The selection process will be covered in two stages, firstly a Teams/Skype interview, and secondly a site visit including panel interview and factory tour.
This role is based in Kent. There is also the option of spending some time each week working from home.
Salary offered is £53,000 pa to £58,000 pa + Bonus + Benefits, depending on experience
Keywords: business planner, business planning manager, capacity planner, capacity planning manager, demand manager, demand planner, factory planner, forecasting manager, operations manager, planning manager, production planner, supply chain planner, S&OP Manager. Ref 3119