Technical, Quality, Compliance
£35,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
Technical Manager - Salary £35,000 pa - £45,000 pa - Berkshire
An expanding privately-owned Food manufacturing business are seeking to appoint a Technical Manager. This organisation produce foods at the premium end of the market and have great relationships with a growing number of customers, within both Retail and non-Retail.
Duties will include:
- Working Days Monday to Friday
- Wide range of Quality and Technical duties, including contact with customers and raw material suppliers.
- Maintain and improve Technical/QA systems whilst managing and directing a small Quality/Technical team engaged in duties such as Production Line Quality, Swabbing, Allergen Control.
- Take a hands-on approach to managing all Quality related work, such as release of Raw Materials and Finished Products, Supplier Audits, Micro/Allergen/Chemical testing, and investigating non-conformances and implementing corrective actions.
- Supply customers with technical information and hosting customers and auditors on site, ensuring they have all the information they need.
- Support colleagues to assess quality of new products, be involved in NPD trials and assist with the introduction of new products into manufacturing.
- Focus on the BRC accreditation, carrying out internal audits to ensure continued compliance.
- Maintain the Quality Management System, BRC Accreditation, carry out Risk Assessments and ensure H&S procedures are being followed.
As the business has a particular interest in reducing its carbon footprint the Technical Manager will get involved with initiatives around pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and energy reduction.
This role provides a great opportunity for either a Technical Manager or an experienced Quality Manager looking for step-up in their career with an employer who can support them and provide training and the tools to succeed.
We seek an individual who has gained some management experience of Quality Management within a BRC compliant Food Manufacturing environment, has good attention to detail and is competent using Microsoft applications. An excellent Working knowledge of BRC standards and HACCP and Food Safety qualifications are also expected. Ref 3264A
Salary range: £35,000 pa - £45,000 pa depending on experience.
This role is commutable from: Reading, Basingstoke, Newbury, Thatcham, Andover, Tadley